Sunday, March 26, 2017

Spring Training


Last week Cathy and I had a treat.  Friends Dan and Joni Horn came to visit from Lees Summit and took us down to Jupiter for a couple of Cardinals spring training games.  It was my first Spring Training game ever!  Oh how I miss watching baseball!

The stadium was beautiful and the company was great.  If you are a Royals fan and are concerned about me wearing Cardinals gear, There are some things that you should know.

First of all, my Mom was from Kirkwood and we spent most of the summers there growing up, so I have a fondness for St. Louis. Secondly, please remember that the apostle Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 9 "I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."

Sometimes, in order to bond with people, we must leave our world and learn to enjoy theirs. It does not always have to be about us vs them. We are all in this beautiful life together.
It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful Joni and Dan got to visit you. Joni is just one of those people who can walk into a room, or meet you in person, and still the waters with her pleasant smile, radiance, and calm demeanor. She is one of the few people I know who can speak to your heart without saying a word. Her smile can do it in a brief second. And I don't know Dan that well, but his pleasant manner has a calming effect one me, when I see him in passing.

God sent you two very special people, and I'm glad you obviously had a nice time enjoying spring training games.

Unknown said...

THAT L L alot of Happy fun!