Wednesday, April 17, 2019

disappointment

Someone let me down.  I was angry.  I was hurt.  I stewed in it.  I brooded over it.

Finally a friend reminded me that the real problem was not what the other person did, the real problem is that my expectations are probably too high for them.

There are some people that we simply need to lower our expectations for.  We can't change them, and we sure don't want to carry around the frustrations all the time.

Sometimes it may be best to lower expectations, release ourselves from the anger and free ourselves to love them.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

Holy Land Trip leaving January 20, 2020 $2998 from New York
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/HL20A-2.pdf

No comments: