Sunday, April 21, 2019

Happy Easter

Happy Easter Morning...

Easter morning has changed a lot for me over the years.  When I was young it was about waking up to an Easter basket full of candy and such.  We went to church somewhere, every year on Easter.  It was a given.  I remember singing "There is a Green Hill far far away outside the city walls, where our dear Lord was crucified who died to save us all."  That was in St. Louis at Concordia Lutheran Church.  I was a child.

When I became a man I started preaching.  For 30 years I led services during Holy Week and Easter.  I did the best that I could to make those services meaningful.  I had one friend who used to come up on Easter Sunday morning and tell me, "my mom is here, this better be good."  Ha ha I love it.

I will never forget the singing of Lisa Boehm, Jennifer Kohl and Wendy Minshall and others.  The messages of their songs touched my heart.

Now I am getting older.  62 in a few months.  No preaching this year on Easter. 
So tomorrow is Easter, what do I have to say?

First of all, I hope that you wake up to tomorrow.  I hope that I do as well.  Every day that we wake up is a blessing, a miracle.  May you wake up tomorrow and know how much God loves you.  If Easter means anything it means that we are loved by God.  God so loved the world that he sent his son.

Feel the love.

Happy Easter.


No comments: