Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Thoughts on waking up

Last night I slept like a baby.  I crashed about 10:30 and I woke up at 5:45.
I say that I woke up.  We talk about waking up as if it happens all at once. 
For me, I wake up a little bit at a time.

First I am aware that I am waking.
Then I fall back to sleep.
Then I wake again... and wake a little bit more.
Then I wonder what time it is.
Then I fall back to sleep, or try to.

This process goes on for a while [unless there is an alarm that is forcing me awake.]

Finally, I decide that I am up for the day and my feet hit the floor.

- - - - - - - - -

What about the process of waking up to life?
Many people are not even aware that they are sleepwalking.  Many people do not understand that they are living on auto pilot.

Waking up to life means seeing the good.  It means smelling the roses.  Waking up to life means offering genuine thanks to God for everything.  Waking up means that we start to appreciate the blessings that we have.  We stop making excuses for our opulence and realize that we are just so blessed. SO DOGGONE BLESSED.

I think that we wake up to life slowly.  A little here and a little there.  Sometimes we fall back into making life about us.  But once the process of waking up happens in a person's life, it usually continues.

Here is to us waking up more and more.  Here's to us inviting others to wake from their sleep.  Here is to awareness!   Here's to gratitude.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: