Saturday, June 20, 2020

worth living

I ran into an old friend the other day, I had not seen him in years.  When I lived in KC he worked on my cars.  A good man, but a man with many health concerns.

We sat and talked for a couple of hours.  One of the topics was his health.  He now has four kidneys.  [I thought that when you got a new kidney, they took the old one out, but evidently they often just add the new one in.]  So Brian has 4 kidneys.  Two original and two added, one at a time from two transplant surgeries.

At some point in the conversation, he said, "you know, what I enjoy the most about life is just waking up.  I do not take life for granted, I fight to live."

Life is so precious, I fight to live.

Do we recognize how precious life is?  Are we thankful for waking up?
We should be.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: