Tuesday, September 1, 2020

sandwiches

Yesterday was sandwich delivery day.  Every Monday morning my friend Dick and I make and deliver about 20 sandwiches to homeless men and women in Ft. Pierce.  Dick is really the boss and I am a tag along.

Originally the sandwiches were two slices of bread and a piece of cheese.  My wife loved that we were doing this, so she kicked in for baloney.  My daughter Jennifer and  her fiance David got wind of this and wanted  to help.  So thanks to them, we are now delivering baloney and cheese sandwiches with a bag of chips.

Yesterday after handing a man a sandwich, he said thank you.  I said God bless you.  Then as I started to walk away I heard him begin to pray, "dear Jesus I thank you for the gift of this food."

It brought me to tears.

This is such a simple thing, but it is so rewarding.  May we all find ways, many ways that we can see the needy and reach out.

That is why we are here, to care for one another.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: