Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Welcome to Marwen

Welcome to Marwen is a 2018 film starring Steve Carell.  I had been wanting to watch it because I like war movies and it appeared to have some WW2 flavor in the previews.

Well, what I finally watched on Sunday night was not a war movie.  I don't know exactly how to explain what the movie is about.  Steve Carell has some tragic things happen to him and he spends the rest of the movie trying to come to grips with his wounds.  By the way, it is a true story.

Have you ever had tragic things happen to you and then spend years trying to come to grips with them???

At one point he realizes that what happened to him, what was done to him, was not his fault.  When he said that, I stopped the movie and cried.  What happened to him was not his fault...  And I thought about so many things that happened to me as a child.

Sure, much of my adult issues were, or are my own fault, but when I was a child, I was a child.  The wounds that were inflicted upon me were not my fault.

At one point Steve Carell tells the court, "the people that hurt me, they are gone.  They are gone for good.  They cannot hurt me anymore.  But I am still here.  And I have my friends. And I will be ok."

May all of you who were hurt as children know that you cannot be hurt by them anymore.  They are gone.  They are gone for good.  But we, we are still here.  And we have our friends, and we have those that love us, and we can still work with tools and play catch.  We can still help the needy and do what we were sent to this earth to do.  We can still love one another.

At some point in this life we have to overcome what happened to us as children.  It was not our fault.  They are gone, gone for good, and we, we live on.

It's a beautiful day, a really beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


No comments: