Sunday, September 20, 2020

The tip

 Last week I had breakfast with a friend.  I picked up the bill of $13.  She left the tip, a cash tip.  I went to the cashier to pay with a credit card.  I wanted to leave a tip too, but for some reason no tips were allowed on credit cards.  So I finished at the cashier and walked back in to hand our server $3.  She had just picked up my friend's tip of $5.  

The server was so pleased!  $13 bill, $8 tip.  I was so pleased to see her joy.

This reminded me of a story.  [I know that this is not exactly right but you will get the idea.] I have a friend who eats once per month with 5 girl friends. They pick a restaurant and each of them pays for their own meal. They also have $20 each for the tip. So, once a month, a server at some random restaurant gets a $120 tip! I have heard many stories about how this has brought the servers to tears.

I love stories of generosity.  I think it is great when we can bless others.

I share this story with you because it is likely that there is money in my pocket and your pocket that might be better used to bless someone else.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: