Monday, September 14, 2020

Thank you

On Saturday my Pastor Tim Willcox was ordained.

There are many memorable moments in life.  Graduations.  Births.  Grandchildren.  If you are a Methodist Minister, the day that you are ordained is a big one for sure. 

Bishop W.T. Handy Jr.
It was round about June 7, 1991 when I was ordained.  We were in the Linn Memorial Chapel on the grounds of Central Methodist College.  The ordination class was called up one by one.  My parents were there.  My wife was there.  I made my way to the front and knelt down.  Two men, my mentors, David VanGiesen and Jim Bryan put their hands upon my shoulders.  Bishop W.T. Handy laid his hands upon my head and said, "take thou the authority to preach the word."  I am brought to tears as I write this.

Thirty years have gone by since that day.  Sure I had a few negative people and a few negative experiences along the way, but the overwhelming majority of it has been wonderful. 

I want to thank you all, The members of:
Cache UMC
Indiahoma UMC
St. John's UMC
Lebanon First UMC
Princeton UMC
Mercer UMC
Woods Chapel UMC
Cape Coral UMC
and finally
Ft. Pierce First UMC

Thank you all so much for the journey, for the love, for the friendship!!!  It has been awesome.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: