Sunday, March 2, 2014

great people

Yes we are having church today.


I was thinking the other day about great people.  Abraham Lincoln.  Gandhi.  Helen Keller.  And so on.  Then it occurred to  me that I am surrounded by great people.  I mean exceptional people.  People that love life.  People that are working to set aside selfishness.  People that care.  People that think.  People that see that we are all souls on this journey. 


I received the quote in this picture from one of them.  Socrates said that the unexamined life is not worth living.  We sometimes think of great people as famous people, and we look right past the amazing people that God has put in our lives. I am so thankful that I journey in this life with such great and exceptional people.


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this & it good to be reminded of this. Sometimes the best & greatest people are with us everyday & we lose focus of how great they are!!! Never hurts to tell them they are awesome!!!!