Saturday, March 29, 2014

time

I found myself starting to read this publication from a Christian legal group, then I stopped and just deleted the thing.  I get lots of email.  I am sure that you do as well.  I accept linked in friends and facebook friends to be nice.  Then I get all kinds of unsolicited solicitations.  Somebody wants to do business with the church.  Somebody wants me to go to their seminar.  Somebody wants me to read this long thing so I will buy something from them.

I hereby give myself, and you, permission to delete.  Delete the email.  Delete the contact if you like.  Time is short.  I want to spend my time doing things that matter.  I can't read every email.  I can't meet with every sales person. 

Someone once said that your life is God's gift to you.  How you live it is your gift back to God.  Let's use our time constructively and do the things that matter.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Somewhere the Bible teaches us to be consumed with God, not consumed with ourselves.