Thursday, March 13, 2014

Julie Battle

It's kind of a miracle.  A miracle of the modern age.  I used to have a book called Common Sense for Community Change.  The author is someone named Julie Battle.  I have loved this book for years.  It has some awesome quotes in it like this:

“Nothing exceptional was ever accomplished because people folded at the first sign of fear.”

“Even the most confident people will tell they were uneasy and they had their doubts, but they pushed through it. They gathered the facts, surrounded themselves with good people, anticipated the naysayers and stayed the course.”

Well, I loaned the book out and it got lost.  I have looked for another one for years.  It is so frustrating.  Yesterday I had an idea.  Find her on the web.  So sure enough, I found about eight Julie Battles.  I did a little homework and picked the right one.  I called the company she works for and asked to speak with Julie Battle.  The receptionist said, "Hold the line, Sir."  I expected to leave a message, but a kind voice answered.  "This is Julie Battle."  how exciting!

I asked her if she had written the book. She had!  We had a wonderful talk.  The book is out of print, but she is mailing one to me.

What a small world.  It's nice to meet a kind person, even if it is electronically. 

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice people evoke kind responses from other nice people.