Sunday, July 27, 2014

layers

The other day I was going to touch up some paint on the house.  There was a little spot where the paint was peeling.  I got my paint and brush and went to knock out a five minute job.  When I got there though, I noticed that the board was squishy.  When I pulled that off, the wood behind it was squishy.  What began as a simple touch up job turned into an all day wood repair, caulk and paint day.

I got to thinking about people.  About how they reveal themselves to you in layers.  You might see a small hurt in someone.  If you sit down to listen, they may tell you much much more about what is going on inside of them.  We humans tend to reveal ourselves in layers- a little bit at a time.

Oh to have someone to trust!  Someone that you can tell your hurts to.  I encourage you to be that person to everyone that you can.  It can be hard to listen to the hurts of another, but oh how we all need people to talk with.

"Cast your cares on the Lord
    and he will sustain you"   Ps 55:22

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not to seem like this is a pun, but you hit the nail on the head with this post!

Blessings