Wednesday, July 23, 2014

who is in?

Who is in?  Who gets to go to heaven?  I have heard people say that the Jews are out.  Yet Jesus refers to several of the Patriarchs as being in heaven.  Mt. 8:11.

I have heard people say that this group is out because they don't believe the Bible correctly.  That group is out because they did not get baptized correctly.

I have come to believe that God is probably much more gracious than we humans are.  That how ever many people I think are getting in, there will probably be more.  We will all likely be surprised by the presence in heaven of a certain person, and surely there will be those who are surprised to see us there as well.

I have become quite comfortable with telling people that I am not in charge of who gets in.  Neither are they and neither are you.  God decides who is going to get in and who is not.  Let's let God be God and lets just enjoy the journey of being human along the road of this life.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've always believed that God does not work on technicalities. There are going to be a lot more people in heaven than a lot of people think, and I love that thought. :)