Monday, December 29, 2014

a man's last words

A man lay waiting for what was to come.  There was nothing more that anyone else could do. 

He called his adult children to his side, and one by one said goodbye.  "I'm sorry for every time that I was less that the best Father.  I forgive you for every time that you disobeyed me when you were young.  Let there be nothing between us.  I love you.  You are awesome.  Thank you.  It's ok.  Everything is ok.  All is well.  I am not afraid.  Live your life.  Live and love.  I am proud of you.  We will meet again."

Then he called his wife to his side.  He held her hand and smiled.  After all these years, they could still see each other's souls through their eyes.  He said to her, "we did it.  We loved each other for a life time.  We celebrated the miracles of life.  We had children and raised them.  Look at them, they are wonderful.  I am so proud of the life that I had together with you.  I am sorry for every time that  I was less than a perfect husband.  I forgive you for anything that you may think that you have done.  You are a saint in my eyes, perfect, and I love you so much.  Let there be no regrets.  Let our memories of each other be only of the joy, only of the good.  Thank you for everything.  Do not be afraid, I am not afraid.  We will meet again.  I love you so very much.  Life with you and our children has been such a treat."

That man did it right.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!
That is the way it was.
Thank you
Love you-
BMyers

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!
That is the way it was.
Thank you.
Love you-
BMyers