Tuesday, December 29, 2015

I got it right

Since yesterday was an oops, today I can tell you about something that I did right.  I actually got it right one day last week!

So, in the picture you can see that I am at my favorite restaurant La Fuente with my son Scott.  You can also see that we are consuming lots of salsa.  What you don't know is that the level is low on the salsa carafe because it was spilled on me.

right before the salsa attack
When the server was setting things down, his hand caught the top of the salsa container and it went flying, launching towards me at a high rate of speed.  The salsa got me pretty good.  Both legs of my jeans, and all over my red electric jacket.  Which is my favorite jacket. [see picture]

Well, here is the good news.  I was surprised, but I did not get angry.  I did not flare up.  The server had an alarming look on his face but my son and I just started to laugh.  Later they came by and thanked us for taking it so well.  They told us that many customers look for the smallest infraction to demand a free drink or a free meal.  Accidents happen.  When they do, we can choose to shame the person, or offer grace.

So, for all the times that I get it wrong, one time, one time, one time, I got it right.  May we all get it right a little more often.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear it is your favorite restaurant.
Richard