Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Unintentionally Intentional

I heard a phrase the other day that I really liked.  Someone was described as being "unintentionally intentional."  Like they accidently did the right things.  Or they went about doing the right things without even thinking about them.

Much like the righteous ones in Mt 25.  They were self-unaware.  They did not know that they were doing good for Jesus, it was just their way, its just how they lived.  They weren't expecting any accolades, as if doing good was it's own reward. 

Imagine a life, a person, so kind that they just causally, without fanfare, go about doing good.  Changing lives and making a difference in the world, unintentionally intentional.

I am reminded of the Dan Fogelberg song, Leader of the Band, in which he describes his father's way of raising children "his gentle means of sculpting souls took me years to understand...."

What an impact such people have on us.  Oh how I aspire to be such a person.  How about you?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.



1 comment:

Jennifer Gray said...

This is my father. He is my hero and example. "...my life has been a poor attempt to imitate the man ..." But, I, too aspire to be such a person.

Thank you for giving us your heart each day in your blog!