Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas

After the Christmas Cantata, there was a music department pot luck dinner.  After dinner there were some table questions that were passed around so that we could get to know each other better.  It was a wonderful event.

One of the questions asked was this, "What is the best gift you have ever received?"  I thought for a few moments, and it occurred to me that the best gift that I have received was something that has developed over the last year.  And surprise, it is not a shirt or a tie, but thing of the heart.  After raising my children and watching them spar and fight, I have noticed that they have moved on to a different stage.  They have moved past sibling rivalry and actually care for one another.  Their interaction has turned a massive corner and today they would take a bullet for each other.

To see my kids grow up and love each other- Oh what a gift!
Today I am with my family.  It doesn't get any better than that.

Merry Christmas!!
It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: