Friday, December 4, 2015

I used to be that

Yes, I used to be that. I used to cheat on my taxes. I was once in jail. I used to steal from my employer. [Not true for me, but you see where I am going.]  All of us have something that we used to do, or used to be.  We want to move on, but there is someone who insists on constantly reminding us of who we were and what we did.  Maybe our own brain is the one that won't let us move on.

But the truth is,  I'm not any of those things anymore. In human terms there are sometimes consequences that we must pay, for things that we did in the past. You have to pay your taxes back. You may have a prison record. Etc. 

In God's economy there's always a fresh start. Yes there are memories. Sometimes there is guilt, but in Jesus Christ the old things have gone away and behold all things are new. Don't think of yourself in terms of what you used to be.  Think of yourselves in terms of what you are now, and what you can be in Christ. 

Yes, I used to be that, but I am not anymore, and I thank God for his grace.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good

No comments: