Wednesday, December 2, 2015

to forgive

I noticed a thing the other day.  Someone made a mistake.  Fortunately,  I was thinking straight.  I considered my options.

  • Sit down with them.
  • Carefully explain the behavior and why it needs to change.
  • ignore it.
  • do nothing.
  • fix it.
  • absorb it.
  • learn from it.

I remembered an old saying, "blessed are those who forgive the sins of others."  The world is full of people who always need to be right, who always need to correct everyone else.  I don't want to be that person.

Maybe the person did not know what they did.  Maybe they were in a hurry.  Maybe this is not a big enough deal to make a big deal about it.

I did nothing.  I chose to forget it.  I solved the problem quietly. We all might have a more peaceful life if we covered the sins of others more often.  Blessed indeed are those who forgive the sins of others.  I hope that they will also forgive mine.  Mercy rejoices over judgment.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: