Saturday, July 23, 2016

artwork


A week or so ago the ESPY awards were on. A news reporter, Craig Sager, who is battling cancer, was given the Jim Valvano award for Perseverance. In his acceptance speech he said this:

“Each and every day is a canvas we need to be painting. An opportunity for love, for fun, for living and for learning.”

It was a timely message for me to hear. What canvas did I paint yesterday, last week or today?  Was it good for others to see? Did I make the best of the day given me or did I waste it? Did I reach out to make someone else’s day better or did I make it worse? 

I could say that would be tough to do those things every single day and I would be right. Tough but not impossible. It is about placing value on the time I have here and making the best use of it.

Mr. Sager went on to say, “Time cannot be bought. It cannot be wagered with God and it is not in endless supply. Time is simply how you live your life.”

No time like the present.

Peace,
Lion’s Den Man

No comments: