Sunday, July 10, 2016

love

On July 5th I mentioned four reasons why I would not want to roll back the hands of time.  Over the years I have collected so many friends, made so many memories, been to so many cool places, and for today's post, I hope that I am learning more about love.

Love.  What have I learned about love over the years?  Keeping in mind that selfishness is very sneaky.......

1.  love is giving yourself away to another person.  It is bringing them joy.  It is not taking.

2.  love is feeling enough confidence in yourself, enough ok-ness in yourself, that you can legitimately invest in others.  It is absorbing difficulty not because you want to, but because you can.

3.  love is respecting others.  Getting permission when needed.  Never just taking.

4.  love is showing kindness.  In word and deed.

5.  love is spiritual.  It is holy and amazing.  That is probably because God is love.

6.  We can grow in love.  We can become more kind, more sweet, more genteel, and more compassionate.

I am not always perfect, but I hope that if you knew me 20 years ago, you would notice the difference.  I believe we can grow in love.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: