Friday, July 8, 2016

Memories

On July 5th I posted some reasons about why I would not want to turn back the hands of time.  One of the things that I mentioned are the memories that I have.

Of course I have some difficult, painful ones, but oh, I have so many good memories.  Here are just a couple....

I remember when you hugged me and told me that everything was going to be all right.  I remember seeing you and thinking, "we can be friends, or we will be friends."  I remember when we went to the Royals games together.  I remember our nights at Brew Top, telling stories, listening to music and laughing.  I remember the feeling of joy that I have when I see you, and I know I will see you again.  I remember the cruise we went on together.  I remember when you crashed your boat.  I remember when you came up for communion with tears in your eyes.  I remember sitting with you when your child died.  I remember planting trees with you.  I remember those plays at the plate - and you know they were always out.  I remember when you came to visit me in the hospital.  I remember when we cried together at the funeral of a friend.  I remember challenges that we faced and overcame....

Oh, my, life is filled with so much joy!  So many wonderful memories.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: