Saturday, July 30, 2016

permission

My friend Jeanne asked if they could use or quote something that I posted on this blog.  The short answer is yes of course.

The Old Testament book Ecclesiastes reminds us that there is nothing new under the sun.  That means that there is no thought in my head that has not existed before. There is no sermon idea that is original to me.  So everything that I think, everything that i write, everything that I say, has been written, thought or said before.

None of this belongs to me.  Nothing belongs to me.  Nothing belongs to you either.

So sure, of course.  Use it. If you like it, take it.  And be sure to share anything that you have with me.  Life is short and we all need help.  I get by with a little help from my friends.  Someone said that I think.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: