Friday, September 2, 2016

An old friend

Greg played softball with us for a couple of years. Greg gave a pair of really cool cleats to my son. Greg is a good man.

Greg met Annie and they fell in love. Love is a great thing. Annie attended another church, so like what happens so often, Greg left us and went to church with Annie. This is ok. This is good. Married folks need to work their lives out and sometimes they go to the other church. It happens.

So I had not heard from Greg for a while, but the other day he sent me the lyrics to a song and some well wishes. The title is I thought about you Lord.

I thought about trees
And how much I'd like to climb one
I thought about friends
And how rare it is to find one

I thought about You
The most gentle, sweet and kind one
I thought about You, Lord
I thought about You

I thought about life
And the way that things are goin'
I thought about love
And the pain there is in growin'

And I thought about You
The one who is all knowin'
I thought about You, Lord
I thought about You

I thought about You
And the songs that I keep singin'
I thought about You
And the joy that they keep bringin'

I thought about life
And a love that has no endin'
I thought about You, Lord
I thought about You


You can listen to the song here:

Greg- thank you for the song!  Thanks for writing to me!  I remember you and Annie with such joy!  God bless you my friend.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: