Friday, September 23, 2016

love

God loves people but does God love me?  I believe that this is a common feeling for many Christians.  God loves everyone, but somehow I can't get it in my head that God loves me.

I struggled with this for years.

The thing that finally helped me understand God's love was opening my eyes to grace.   If you read the Bible looking for a mad god, you can find one.  But if you read the stories and look for grace, well, our perspective of God changes.  The Bible is God's love story for you.  Think of all the people that received grace in the Bible:

Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Joseph's brothers, the woman at the well, Nicodemus, Zacchaeus, Saul, Peter, on and on the list could go on and on.  Everyone that comes into contact with Jesus finds grace.

May your heart and mind be so filled with the concept of grace, may your picture of God be so grace filled that you are bowled over by his love.  May your mind think so much upon grace that your ponderings reach the tipping point and you fall over, head long into grace and love.

When you pray, pray for a revelation of grace.  "Dear God, let me see and feel your grace and love."  Pray that over and over.

When this happens to us, we begin to know and actually feel that God loves us.  And the day that we get that, we roll out of bed as a completely new person.

It is a beautiful, grace filled day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: