Tuesday, July 25, 2017

change the world

The following story is found in many different sources of wisdom literature.

I was a revolutionary when I was young and my only prayer to God was "Lord, give me the energy to change the world."

As I approached middle age and realized that half of my life was gone without my changing a single soul, I changed my prayer to "Lord, give me the grace to change all those who come in contact with me.  Just my family and friends, and I shall be satisfied."

Now that I am an old man and my days are numbered, my one prayer is, "Lord, give me the grace to change myself."  If I had prayed for this right from the start I would not have wasted my life."

The moral of the story is that I am my biggest  issue.  I am my biggest challenge.  If I can make progress on me, the world will begin to look much brighter.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: