Friday, October 6, 2017

New Assignment


Sunday I begin a new job, a new assignment.  I am pleased to let you know that I will be filling in as an interim Pastor at the Ft. Pierce First United Methodist Church.  The pastor there is a Navy Chaplain and is being deployed for a year.  It is a part time assignment so I will still be able to enjoy the retired life.



My wife and I have been attending church there for months.  We really like the people and I am looking forward to reengaging with the work of Jesus’ ministry.  I thought of Mel Gibson in the movie signs… He was a pastor, but quit the church after his wife died.  At the end of the show he has regained his faith and is putting on his preaching clothes.  I know it felt good for him to reengage.  It feels good to me.



Please keep me and Ft. Pierce First UMC in your prayers.   And if you are ever that way, service starts at 9:30am.  Everyone is welcome.



It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com








Travel with Pastor Jeff



Italy's Historic and Religious Sites

November 7-16, 2017

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/it17-brinkman-17768#eotours



Holy Land via Jordan

March 5-14 2018

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours



Wesley's Ireland

October 8-17, 2018

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh what news u sound like a (joyful)Jeff glad u seem excited about this but I am just so jealous of them n wishing they could be us