Monday, October 9, 2017

World War 2




I love the city of San Francisco.  I love to visit there.  On my last trip I took this picture of two World War two vessels that are moored in SF bay.  One is the Pampanito, a 311 foot submarine that sunk 4 ships in the pacific.  The other is the Jeremiah O'brien, a cargo ship known as a liberty ship that carried supplies across the Atlantic.  It is 441 ft long and travels at a maximum speed of 13 mph with a crew of 44.  2710 liberty ships were built, 200 were sunk.  2 fully functioning survive today.



When I see these ships I think of the men and women who served on them.  I think about the terrible time in the 1940’s when our world was at war with the Nazi regime.  It seems to me to be one of the few wars that people are still glad that we fought.  I am thankful for every veteran, I am thankful for every sacrifice that every person made for the war effort.  During WW2 there was rationing… almost everything was collected for the war effort so many common items were not available to the average person.  Gasoline, bacon, butter, sugar, meat, tea, jam, biscuits, cheese, eggs, lard, milk and canned and dried fruit were all rationed.  Factories that produced new cars ceased civilian auto production and turned their vehicles over to the military or shifted to manufacturing aircraft.

It was a somber time for our country and the world.



May we never have to engage in such conflict again.



It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com









Travel with Pastor Jeff



Italy's Historic and Religious Sites

November 7-16, 2017

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/it17-brinkman-17768#eotours



Holy Land via Jordan

March 5-14 2018

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours



Wesley's Ireland

October 8-17, 2018

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours


No comments: