Monday, October 2, 2017

suicide

Every now and then I feel that I should say something about suicide.

I am compelled to write about it, because I think it is so sad that someone would end their own life, in effect saying, there is no more good left here for me on this earth.

I can write about this, because during two different periods of my life, I thought about it.  Thankfully I never acted on those feelings, but we all must admit, sometimes it is hard to see the good.  Sometimes life just feels overwhelming.

Here is what I want to say.  Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.  No matter how bad things are, circumstances will change.  You can heal.  You can recover.  Sure, life isn't perfect, but there is so much good.  I would hate to miss any of it.  I am glad that I have learned to live through the down moments and believe that there is still good.

If you are wondering if your life is worth living, I say to you, YES IT IS!!!  You matter to God and to us.  Don't take action based on a low point in life.  Better moments are around the corner.  Life is still beautiful and the sun will rise for you and bring you a new day.   Believe for a better day.  It is coming.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.





Travel with Pastor Jeff

Italy's Historic and Religious Sites
November 7-16, 2017
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/it17-brinkman-17768#eotours

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have lost a nephew and a step-son to suicide and there are days it just takes my breath away. Suicide does not put an end to the pain, it just transfers the pain to those around you.

Unknown said...

suicide seems like an easy way out for That person but how do the living go on with that stigma, self doubt, anger n guilt?