Sunday, October 1, 2017

an age old message

I started focusing on seeing the good in life in my late 40's.  What a shame!  What was I doing the first 48 years of my life?  I don't know, maybe I was not ready to focus on the message of seeing the good in life.  Now although I still have days when I don't see the good, I am trying hard to be a champion for that message.

Six weeks ago I was in San Francisco.  I stayed at the San Remo Hotel in the Fisherman's wharf area.  It was a cheap stay for that part of town, $110 per night, but it was an old fashioned hotel.  Shared bathrooms, no exterior window for that price, and almost a hostel feel.  The hotel was built in 1906 right after the earthquake.  It has many items in the hotel that have decorated the walls for over 100 years.  I took a picture of this picture.

"It's easy enough to be pleasant when life goes by like a song, but the man worth while is the man with a smile when everything goes dead wrong."

Way back before my parents were born, someone was thinking about seeing the good in life.  Right after an earthquake, someone was reminding people of the joy that is found when we see the good in life.

I don't know what is going on in your world.  But if you are facing some sort of challenge, See, look, peer into life.  See what is really there.  There is so much good.  It's not a new message, but it is never to late to take it up.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

(I keep reminding myself about this) ain't NOTHIN so bad that it couldn't be wotse