Sunday, October 29, 2017

why am I here

A friend sent in this thought from "Grace For The Moment" by Max Lucado. Max was talking about how time slips by, and here's what he had to say:

"As we get older, our vision should improve. Not our vision of earth, but our vision of Heaven. Those who have spent their life looking for heaven gain a skip in their step as the city comes into view. After Michelangelo died, someone found in his studio, a piece of paper on which he had written a note to his apprentice. In the handwriting of his old age the great artist wrote: "Draw Antonio, draw, and do not waste time." Well-founded urgency, Michelangelo. Time slips. Days Pass. Years fade. And what we came to do must be done while there is time."

I think that we have all asked the question, am I doing what I should be doing? Or in my life overall, have I been busy doing what God put me here to do.

Let me comment.... Being a pastor is not enough. Being a school teacher is not enough. Being a nurse is not enough. Being a whatever is not enough.

Was I a pastor that loved? Was I a school teacher that loved? Was I a nurse that loved?
We make it so complicated, when it is really quite simple. Did I love?

If you love, you are doing what you were put here to do. It just takes some of us a while to discover that.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com





Travel with Pastor Jeff

1 comment:

Unknown said...

for your confirmation, YES u were/are a pastor who brings love That's what I remember n Miss about u