Sunday, October 8, 2017

why???


Why???


I have a friend who was born in Austria and was a refugee after WW2.

I have a friend who was born in rural Nicaragua.  She has never seen a flush toilet.  She has never worn makeup.  She has never been able to buy the things that we have Costco deliver to us.  She has no healthcare.  She sleeps on the floor of a mud and stick house.

I was born in Kansas City.  In a hospital.  I have always had healthcare.  I have always had clean running water.  I have always had 3 meals a day.  My parents paid for me to go to college.  Why???



Why is one born in Austria and spends years running from war and death?  Why is another born in impoverished circumstances?  Why was I born here?



I asked this question in church one time and someone said, well you were born in Missouri because that is where your parents lived.  Ha ha.  That is not what I mean.



Why does one soul enter a body in Russia, one is North Korea and another in the US?  There is no good answer.  Just please understand that if you were born here or now live in the US, you are blessed.  We are so blessed. 



We used to sing the song, God bless America.  Like we wanted more blessings.  It is time for us to stop asking for blessings and begin to bless others.  Just saying.



It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com



Travel with Pastor Jeff





Italy's Historic and Religious Sites

November 7-16, 2017

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/it17-brinkman-17768#eotours



Holy Land via Jordan

March 5-14 2018

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl18-brinkman-030518j-17768#eotours



Wesley's Ireland

October 8-17, 2018

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#eotours




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also question what u say I love singing that song but, with everything going on I thank, God to please CONTINUE to bless America for our efforts to acknowledge You