Wednesday, December 2, 2020

A comforting song

When I was 20 years old, my Pastor was Wayne Bateman. Wayne has gone on to be with the Lord, but when he was alive on this earth he had a really big heart for God.

I ran across this song the other day that he loved to sing. I found the words comforting, especially in the time of a pandemic.

Just to have a touch Lord from you
It'll help in hard trials I go through
Tho dark may be the night
It brings a ray of light
When I get a touch lord from you

O Lord in you I know I have a friend
You promised you’d go with me to the end
When night begins to fall
And I hear your gentle call
Then I know I'll have a touch lord from you 

When this feeble heart will cease to beat
And they lay me in some flowery bound retreat
Though my body turned to clay
In the grave I shall not stay
I'll come forth at a touch lord from you

Just to have a touch Lord from you 
It'll help in hard trials I go through 
Tho dark may be the night 
It brings a ray of light 
When I get a touch lord from you 

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to Jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: