Friday, December 25, 2020

Merry Christmas

Good Morning.  And Merry Christmas!!!

I just woke up in the Fairfield Inn in Titusville Florida.  In an hour I am driving the rest of the way to Jacksonville to spend Christmas with my family at my daughter's house.

When I woke up a bit ago, I turned on the TV and what was on???  Christmas from the Marble Collegiate Church in New York.  I don't know anything about that church, but let me tell you that their rendition of O Holy Night and Silent Night brought me to tears.

I don't think I have ever cried at 5:45 in the morning before.  I am still crying.  I am so blessed!!!

And I feel thankful.  I am thankful for another Christmas.  63 of them so far!!!  I am thankful for God's love and for every person that has ever loved me.

Last night at Ft Pierce First UMC we had a lovely Candlelight Service.  The choir was the bomb!  The sermon was great!  At the end we sang Silent Night.  It reminded me of all the years that we sang it in Princeton and Woods Chapel.  I cried last night as I thought of all of those years of Christmas Eve, and I thought of all of you who loved me over the years.  And I cried as I thought of my new friends in Florida who have welcomed me and loved me and made me a part of their church family.  It was a Holy Night for sure.  

We may have to cover our faces, but no one can make us cover our hearts.

I love you all and I wish you a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: