Sunday, December 13, 2020

The Kettle


Yesterday I went to the grocery store.  A mother and son were ringing the bell for the Salvation Army.  The boy was about 5 years old.

I got out a dollar.  I never pass a kettle.  I had the dollar in my hand and the young man reached out his hand.  I gave him the dollar and he put it in the kettle.  Then he offered me a small wrapped candy cane.

I asked his name.  Eli.

I said, Eli, why don't you keep this candy cane and eat it later if that is ok with your mom.  He looked at mom.  Mom nodded her approval.  He got a big smile on his face.  I said Merry Christmas.  They said Merry Christmas.

As I walked away I heard Eli say, "Mom, I like that guy."

Moral of that story... It is not that hard to be liked.  A little kindness goes a long way.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: