Sunday, February 7, 2021

911

I did something the other day that I have never done before.  I called 911.  

I was talking to a friend on the phone and driving south on 58th Avenue near the Target store when a wheel came flying over the median and into my lane.  Then I saw two cars run off the road in the north bound lanes by the Italian Garden.  One hit a telephone pole.

I called 911.  The woman asked my emergency.  I told her, then apologized as I was sure they had many calls.  No, she said, I was the first.

The whole thing was so unnerving.  For a couple of hours I was on the verge of tears.  It is odd how such things feel traumatizing.

I prayed for the people in the wreck.  I decided a few years ago, that with so many people rubbernecking to see what was going on, a better response would be to pray for them.

No comments: