Saturday, February 6, 2021

A special place in heaven

bags of chips, Save-a-lot bag. 
Concrete is for a handyman job.


So here is another Monday morning, feeding the homeless story.

Dick and I meet for breakfast at 8am, then I go to the Save-a-lot grocery to get chips and whatever else we need.

On Monday I walk into the Save-a-lot and there is an African American man [evidently an employee] working on a sign on the door.

When I am checking out, I am paying for three big bags of 16 bags of chips.  I also buy a big Save-a lot grocery bag.  The checker is trying to put the chips into the grocery bag.  I explain to her that she does not have to do that.  I just want the bag to put sandwiches, chips and water in as we feed the homeless on Mondays.

The man who was working on the sign at the door is standing near by and over hears this.  He comes up to me and lights up.  He says, "Sir, thank you so much for doing this!  There is a special place in heaven for people like you."

I don't tell you this story so you will pat me on the back.  I tell you this story so that you too can capture some of the joy of doing for others.  [I am sure that you are already doing for others]  Acts of kindness make the recipient happy, they make you happy and they make anyone that hears of them happy.

Happy is good.  Kindness is good.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: