Saturday, February 13, 2021

I met a homeless man

So I was leaving CVS on US 1 by 17th street in Vero. I saw a guy with a sign asking for help...

I rolled down my window and handed him the smallest bill in my wallet. 

[now that is a discussion for another day. why the smallest??? Is that how we want God to treat us??? Here you are in need and I give you the least that I have???] 

Anyway, I gave him the smallest bill that I had, a $5.  I rolled down my window and handed him the 5. Then I asked him his name. this was his response.

"My name is Donald Pitts my dad was in Vietnam I was in the Iraq war thank you for the donation I live in the woods in a tent behind the CVS."

And like every homeless person that I have met, he was a little mentally off. It broke my heart.

I used to say things like "why don't they get a job???"  But now I have learned that they are almost all mentally challenged, which is why they are where they are in life.

Maybe I will find the camp behind the CVS and take them some breakfast tomorrow.

Or Maybe I will do nothing and just go on with MY LIFE.  Not sure... Stay tuned.

It's a  beautiful, first world day in God's world be sure to give, not see, but be sure to give the good.

No comments: