Wednesday, August 18, 2010

an ounce

There is an old saying: an ounce of mother is worth a pound of pastor. Let me say it another way: an ounce of love is worth a pound of pastor.

Recently, I delivered an ounce of guilt to someone. Maybe even a half an ounce. And... it crushed them. I did not mean to deliver the guilt, I thought I was trying to do good. But evidently it hurt them. Obviously it hurt them.

I am sorry. Guilt is a very painful thing. Jesus never dealt in guilt. We need to be very careful about delivering guilt. Grace is the alternative. Grace. Grace. Grace. Grace. How can I help you see that you are loved, that you are awesome, that you are forgiven. Grace alone. We go forth, we go forward, we live, by grace alone.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm not so sure that Jesus never delivered guilt. Did Jesus deal in guilt to the Pharasees? Seems to me he did, in his own subtle ways.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong here.