Monday, August 30, 2010

the youth rock

Tomorrow we will talk about the three prayers. Today, I can only write about the awesome mark that the youth made on my life yesterday. So, ok, I am easy. If anyone is hungry to be touched by God, it has to be the preacher that does not have to preach on a particular Sunday. For once in your life you get to go sit in the pew with your wife and listen to the service.

The youth did not disappoint us. The music was awesome. The singers were awesome. The speakers were awesome. The energy from the youth group was beyond description. If you missed it, I am sorry for you. If you intentionally skipped it, then you have reaped the reward for that choice.

Young people, you were awesome. I was blessed. I can only hope that I give to others the same touch of God that you gave to me at the youth service on Sunday. I can't tell you how excited I am for you and how proud I am of all of you. Thank you!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I am sorry for myself that I missed the youth yesterday. I was so impressed with them last year. Listening to their testimonials and hearing them sing with so much passion and spirit was just awesome. I remembering feeling sorry for myself then too--sorry that I had not known Christ back then and been a part of a church family. The youth at WCC are such awesome people.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to be there so bad ...to hear my son..but I'm in Atlanta..I wish I could have seen him I'm hopeing there is a video....but I can tell you Brother Jeff....no one who hears the words God gives you to teach us leaves the service unchanged. What you felt...we feel every sunday. Peace my longtime friend.

Anonymous said...

I thought the songs and messages we're great. And to think I almost skipped yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I thought the songs and messages we're great. And to think I almost skipped yesterday.