Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day

Merry Christmas! It is 8:10am. It is a happy day. We survived yesterday with all the services, and I am looking forward to a down day today. Tomorrow we have church, regular times, I will be there and I hope to see you.

At my house today, three are awake and two are still in bed. Mine are old enough that they like to sleep in. In the old days, the presents would all be opened by 8am, now, there does not seem to be any rush.

I have received several nice emails about this sermon series and some of the changes that folks have made in their Christmas. One of the ones that comes to mind this morning, is the person who said that for Christmas, they were going to sit their family down and tell each one how much they love them and how special they are.

Today, that sounds like a good idea to me. there is less to open, so we are going to cook breakfast together, play a game and have a gift exchange. I am also going to tell them how much I love them, in a detailed and specific way.

Merry Christmas. I wish you a great day. It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, there is sure to be a special glow hovering above your house this morning, when your family celebrates Christmas morning. Why? Because of the very special gifting God has given you, for telling people how much you love them, in a very special way.

The beauty is that you cannot raise a good bunch of kids, like you and Cathy have, without some of the love giving rubbing off on the kids. One or more of your children is sure to grow the gift you've taught them how to give.

Be blessed, and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Sharon said...

Beautiful...

Merry Christmas!