Thursday, December 30, 2010

a message

I enjoy books and movies. Some seem to have so much to offer that I don’t catch all of what was said the first time around. Currently I am reading a book for the third time…..new notes…and new thoughts. The other day I watched a movie that I had seen a few times before. This time I caught a message that I had missed before. Maybe I was suppose to catch it this time around.

From “A River Runs Through It”, a piece of a sermon given by the father who was a Presbyterian Minister.

“Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.” Rev. Maclean

Peace,
Lion’s Den Man

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At times the best help is to stand back and not help...

Anonymous said...

First, thank you for the friend you are to Jeff.

Second, I'll have to rent the movie to watch again. I don't remember this part, but it is so true.

Tonia