Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is a work day for most preachers. While church friends may make fun of me the rest of the year for only working one day a week, when they see what happens on Christmas Eve, they take a short break from teasing me. Services today are at 10am, 4pm, 530, 7, 830 and 11pm.

What a joy it has been over the years as our church has grown, to offer more services and welcome more friends to come and share Christmas Eve with us. Christmas Eve is the one day with the most visitors of the entire year. Many people come out looking for a church and they will usually start off the new year with a new commitment to be active.

Today, no matter what service you go to, smile, shake a hand, be friendly and enjoy yourself. This is the night when we sing some wonderful songs and remember the story that changed the world. Merry Christmas Eve.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knock it out of the park...but no pressure. ;-
tw

Sharon said...

Merry Christmas Eve to you too, Jeff.

The most memorable Christmas Eve I ever experienced was last year. My plans to go to my sister's house in Grain Valley (a family tradition) had to be cancelled due to that awful blizzard we had. As I sat here alone that evening, I decided to get on Facebook to see what others were doing. I posted my status. Within minutes, a friend working at WCC that night, sent her husband to pick me up and bring me to church. I spent the rest of the evening enjoying all of the services, hanging out with awesome people and watching you in action. It was such a special evening. Thank God you didn't cancel Christmas Eve services. You never know who's out there that really needs to be there.

Thank you for all that you do all year long. You are loved.

Anonymous said...

Jeff, due to your recent sermons, I awoke this morning thinking of Mary's "Birth Eve." God has given women such inner instincts when it comes to sensing things that are about to happen. I wondered this morning, what Mary was thinking on the "Birth Eve" of God's son.

Thinking of you on this long day, also, especially since you're still dealing with your cold.

Gos bless.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Jeff! Looking forward to Christmas Eve at WCC! kb

Anonymous said...

I will never forget my first 'Christmas Eve' work day at WCC... It started out with me 'pouting' because I hadn't had to work on Christmas Eve... well, ever!! Not only that, I 'had' to be there for 5 of the 6 services. At the end of the night, my only regret was that I hadn't gone to all six services. I felt more in tune with the true meaning of Christmas than I ever had.

It is a long and hard day, bit I can't think of a better place I'd rather spend Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas, my friend.

-wm