Monday, May 7, 2012

Saturday nights

Sometimes people try to get me to do things on Saturday nights.  I tell them no.  I don't do anything much on Saturday except get ready for Sunday.  I might make a party on a Friday night, but usually not on a Saturday.

I was thinking about this a couple of days ago, and what I have noticed is that even if the sermon is totally done, Saturday night is a needed time of rest and reflection for me.  It is a time of Sabbath. 

Imagine that in your job you have to prepare a talk for very important clients on a topic of vital importance.  Imagine that you have to step out on the platform and reach the folks.  Do you go out and have a big time the night before, or do you take it easy, gather your thoughts and make sure that you are ready to go when the bell rings?

I usually don't do much on Saturday nights.  I need the time for my soul.

What time are you setting aside for your soul?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: