Wednesday, May 16, 2012

you are the good news

Sometimes I think we tend to complicate things as believers. We search for meaning. We form opinions. We gain allies with our shared thoughts and understanding and sometimes we put others at a distance. Learning and growing are very good things as long as it doesn’t separate us from others because it separates us from the core of Christ’s teaching. When we search and form our opinions to share wouldn't it be wise.... wouldn't it be pleasing to God, to first see if those thoughts can pass through the filter of His teaching?

Christ gave us a command. “Love one another as I have loved you.” I get this. It makes sense. But do I do it? Can I do it? often? always? If I am not doing this then I have to ask myself how good of a job am I doing as a believer? When followed it is a great tool to connect people to Christ and that is by design….

“Love one another as I have loved you."

Which leads to this blessing ….

“’May you be a "yes" to the question, "Has Jesus risen from the dead?" And may you come to see, may you understand that you are the good news. You are the gospel.’’ Bell

Peace,
Lion's Den Man

No comments: