Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Somewhere

Somewhere someone is hurting.  Maybe their spouse has cancer.  Maybe they have started to experience panic attacks.   Maybe they have lost their job.  Maybe they are estranged from a child.

We scan the prayer list and say a prayer for them and then we go on our merry way, while they continue in loneliness and fear.  Is saying a prayer for them enough?  What would Jesus do?  What can I do?

How about we find time to have dinner together, or a cup of coffee?  How about I sit across the table from them and look into their eyes.  I can’t fix everything but I want you to know that I love you.  How about I buy them some groceries?  How about I find some way to make my prayers come to life?  Instead of praying that God would bless them, maybe I could pray for God to show me how I could be a blessing to them. 

How about you?  Prayer alone is good.  Prayer that motivates us to action is better.

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: