Friday, March 1, 2013

kindness remembered

Today I got word of the death of a retired pastor's wife.  I saw his name and it brought back so many memories. 

Memories of how difficult it was coming into the Methodist system.  How many pastors there were that seemed to have enough friends and didn't need to spend time with me.

Then there were the few who really reached out.  One of these was Byron Gilbreath.  My sympathies to him upon the passing of his wife, Joyce.

When I was a young minister Byron was always friendly and supportive.  Even all these years later, I appreciate his kindness.

Never underestimate the long term effect of your kind words that are delivered to others.  You may forget a moment of kindness extended, but they may just remember it forever.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: