Tuesday, March 5, 2013

perspective

A true story I recently heard.........

A doctor's wife is near death.  She has been in the hospital for months.  Yet every day he has people in his office with a sore back, a bad knee or a broken ankle.  They are all miserable and complaining.  How does he deal with it?

I don't know how he deals with it, but it makes me a bit more appreciative of my small bodily ailments.  So what, my back is sore sometimes.  I don't always see well.  My knee is really goofed up.

I am not in the hospital.  I am vertical.  Up and around and alive for this day.  I have much to be thankful for.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless your thankful heart. I guess these maladies that come with age help keep us humble, and understanding of others.

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!