Thursday, July 30, 2015

A psalm of lament

Today my middle daughter Jennifer left to join my wife and our oldest daughter, Allision in Florida..... a permanent move.


A psalm of lament when my wife and daughters moved away..........

Every time I think of you I am struck with sadness.
I can't stop the sobbing.
Load groaning from deep inside.

Don't leave me.
I don't want to be alone.
You that I love.... come back to me.

The pets hear the cries of a wounded animal.
They come to my aid.
I am inconsolable.

I can't share this with anyone.
Don't read this blog - don't speak to me of it.
It is too personal, it is too raw.

Finally the cries cease.
A quiet peace settles in.
Love hurts but God is there.

We will see each other as we can.
Distance does not reduce love.
Absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Back to work.
Back to my friends. 
I am not alone.

It is still a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: